Wednesday, August 28, 2013

          "Who are you?" should be one of the easiest questions since you are around yourself every minute of every day. It is often challenging though because the average student who answers the question tries to think to hard about it. 
          I am Denis McAuliffe and I have lived in Milton my whole life. I live with my mother, father, and sister. I enjoy playing and watching sports. I have a very competitive edge which is part of the reason I love sports. I also enjoy the mental aspects of sports like baseball, basketball, and golf which I play at the High school. It has always been hard for me to pick a favorite sport and I usually split my time equally with all three sports. Enough about sports, let's move on to academics. I enjoy learning new material and being challenged everyday. I cannot stand being in a class room and not learn anything. I feel like it is a waste of time that could be spent learning in other areas. I recognize the importance that high school has on the rest of your future and take learning seriously. 
          Other than sports and school I enjoy hanging out with friends, playing video games, and listening to music. I am a fan of mostly all types of music but I would have to admit that county music is my favorite genre. I also enjoy traveling with friends and family. My family has a great place in New Hampshire that my family spends many summer weekends together enjoying Lake Sunapee, our boat, and each others company. My grandfather owns the house and lets his children and their families to all use. 
           One thing that I am not is a quitter. I cannot stand giving up on a task that I have already embarked on. Quitting is never the option and is not a successful way to go about life. I am looking forward to learning new material in English this year and I am ready to take on the challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Denis. There are some technical issues that I need to point out. First, although the dictionary claims that "since" and "because" are synonyms, I would be cautious about using them as such. The word "because" would have been much more appropriate in your first sentence. You misspell "too" in your second sentence. I would also caution you to be aware of how often you use the pronoun "it." What is "it" in the penultimate sentence of your second paragraph? Finally, be careful of the pronouns you choose. Look at the last sentence of your second paragraph. Are you talking about my future? There is some sloppiness here that needs to be improved.

    ReplyDelete