Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Who am I? At the beginning of each year I attempt to answer this question. And each year it takes me a while. I know who I think I am but that may not be accurate. The easy answer would be: I am Rebekah Sloan Mondelus. I am 16 years old. I am one of the three black families who live on the East side and I like being different. That is the easy answer but if that was all I wrote it wouldn't do me justice. So allow me to explain. Yes, I like being different. I play the oboe, I'm in color guard, I like math and I like to learn on certain occasions. But I still don’t think that answers the question. Naturally I think I'm a good person. I've served the poor, I'm friendly and include others but sometimes I feel as though that isn't enough. I guess when I'm asked the "who am I" question the only answer I can come up with is what am I living for because I believe what you do is what defines you. Every day I wake up and all I want to do is make a difference; make some kind of change. But in reality I'm lazy and often give up easily. My goal is to be a light and a source of hope for anyone who needs help. But that isn't an easy job. I wouldn't even know where to begin. So who am I? I guess I’m just a girl with a dream of making a difference, a girl who wants to stand out and change the world. 

1 comment:

  1. Rebekah, this post is too short. This does not meet the 300-400 word requirement.

    ReplyDelete