Wednesday, August 28, 2013

When someone asks me "Who are you?" I would say I'm a sixteen year old student going to Milton High School. But I think about the question over multiple times and many people can say the same thing but they are not the same as me.  How do I answer that question? Do I just answer with general information like my age, height, name, heritage, my favorite activities, my occupation, etc.  People say you are who your friends are but many of my friends are polar opposites with very little in common.  Do I answer that question with what matters to me the most like friends and family? What truly defines me as me and nobody else?  I will start with I am a dedicated student at Milton High who works hard and yet at times very lazy.  I was born and raised by two parents from China who came to the Americas to look for new opportunities.  They want me to succeed and understand the steps for me to become successful. My passion is playing soccer.  I started playing while I was younger and never stopped.  I work as a soccer ref on the weekends. Although soccer is my passion I also enjoy playing video games, and watching basketball.  I am currently a 5'7 teenager and my name is Vincent Chan but my friends call me Vinny.  I am completely Chinese.   I am also an older brother.  I have a younger brother named Justin.  We fight constantly but nothing serious.  I love comedy movies, Italian food, going out with my twenty four year old cousins.  What matters to me the most is family and friends.  My friends and parents have been with me through though times and the good times.  I love to laugh and both my dad and my friends make me laugh constantly.  My favorite class in school is science and math.  I enjoy shopping for new shoes even though I always have more than I can wear.   Mostly I grew up in Milton since I was around six or seven and before then I lived with my grandparents in Quincy.  I like all types of music but my favorite artist is Eminem.  Every time I think about this question I get a different answer.  What makes me unique? What makes me stand out?  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Vincent. I have used this question for the last four years. You are the first person to respond with his height. That was unique. Good job. I appreciate your honesty in this post. There are definitely several technical issues that you will have to improve upon in future posts. Specifically, there are a couple times when you should have used a comma in a sentence. Also, you have a couple awkward sentences. For example. Look at this one: "I am one hundred percent Chinese and follow all the traditions that my grandparents." What does that mean?

    ReplyDelete