Wednesday, August 28, 2013

                 I'm sure many of the students in this class can agree that questions like, "who are you?" can be very intimidating. In fact, today I think I filled out maybe three or four "get to know you" worksheets, dreading each one more than the last. I'm not even sure what makes them so hard to answer. I think I've just noticed over the years that I prefer to gradually allow people to find out more about me, than in an instant. I need to warm up to people before I share a lot of things about, but that's just who I am.
          Apart from being shy at first, I am a lot more things. First of all, I am Julia. I'm 16 years old. Many people would probably disagree if I said I was shy, but I find that very true. Although I can be the loudest of all my friends at times, I also enjoy keeping to myself a lot. A perfect day for me includes relaxing at home by myself and listening to my favorite bands OneRepublic, Coldplay, and The Fray. I spend way too much time on my computer but I honestly don’t care because it’s what I like to do.
          But I’m not a complete couch-potato either. I have a very small group of friends, that I hang out with probably too much. I play volleyball at the high school and I enjoy it a lot. I’m relatively new to it, but I already love it, which I know is a good sign.
          I also feel like I’m one of the very few students who cannot wait for college to start. The majority of the people I know are terrified to go. I know it will be scary but I could drop everything and leave now if that were possible. I just want to get started on my career, studying what I’m really interested in—neuropsychology, or any other types of psychology. I’m eager to get through the next two years, successfully, and finally do what I would love to do.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Julia. I look forward to working with you this year. I am interested to learn more about your interest in neuropsychology. I often think that if I had to relive my life, I might have chosen the field of psychology. This might make an interesting topic for your research paper. Your response is fairly well written, but there are definitely some sentences that could be clearer. For example, look at the final two sentences of your first paragraph. They seem awkward to me. Regardless, I have not really met you yet, but I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete