Wednesday, August 28, 2013

     Who am I? Many people see me differently than the way I see myself. Many people see me as a shy and quiet girl. But I know who I really am. My name is Lisa Yuan and I am 16-years old. My personality is very unique. The way I view unique is a positive thing, because it is a simple adjective that can define who I am; different. I tend to over think and become extremely nervous over the smallest things that can possibly happen to me. Sometimes, it feels unnecessary to over think things. But that is who I am.
     I am the type to worry about everything; my future, my family, my friends, myself. Most importantly right now, is my education-my future. I hope to major in the science/medical fields. My dream career is to become a forensic nurse. Although it is a challenging goal to achieve, I know very well that, nothing is impossible. There is no "impossible" when trying to attain a goal that you really want. It just requires commitment, hard work, and effort. But, I like to see my goal not as a dream, but as a destination.
     I began thinking about my future at a very young age. When I was in the 6th grade I was given a lot of pressure from my family because they wanted me to get into one of Boston's top three exam schools. Luckily, I was able to get into Boston Latin Academy. At the time, my family and I believed that getting into an exam school was a chance to improve my education so that I can have a brighter future. They wanted me to have a better life than they did. They had faith in me. For that reason, in the future, I want to give my family a chance to experience the luxuries in life by working hard.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lisa. I appreciate that you are honest about your tendency to worry about small things. Trust me, I can relate. You leave me curious about why you are not at Boston Latin Academy? What happened? Anyway, this post is fairly well written, but there are definitely some spots that you could improve upon. You are definitely misusing the semi-colon, and you mix your verb tenses a couple times. We will review the rules for the semi-colon next week – I think.

    ReplyDelete