Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I am a strong believer that everything that happens in life makes you the person you are today. But when I am asked "Who are you?" I seem to draw a blank. So here goes, I am Emily Hutchinson, I have an older sister that I love to death and do not want to go back to college tomorrow. I have a dog named Abby that I treat a little too much like a human. I two loving parents who would do anything for me; when I have kids I hope to be as good of a parent as them. I love art; I live for school projects that require some paint and glitter. My favorite sport is lacrosse; if I could I would play it year round. Like any girl, I love clothes. I think they are a good way to express yourself. I love the beach and the ocean; I desperately want to see a shark in Chatham. I wish every weekend was Harry Potter weekend, but then I would never leave my house so I guess it's a good thing it isn't. Christmas time is my favorite time of year; it brings people together. I really want to travel the world. There's this whole other world outside of Milton that seems so interesting. So I guess you can say I'm an adventurist. Most people don't like change but I absolutely hate it. I love tradition, if we watch a certain movie every Christmas Eve then I have to watch it every Christmas Eve or all hell with break lose.I tore my ACL three years ago. It was really hard to sit and do nothing for nine months. But I guess it was a blessing in disguise because it made me value everything I have and not take things for granted. It was tough to answer, "Who am I?" at first but when I looked at everything that makes up my life the answer became much clearer than before I started writing.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Emily. I look forward to working with you again this year. Your post is very good. Unlike your classmates, you use the semi-colon correctly. Good job. Perhaps you rely on it a bit too much. I believe Trimble would encourage you to use punctuation like the semi-colon more sparingly. The biggest problem with the writing in your post is your use of the run-on sentence. You have several of them in this post. As an example, look at your sentence that starts, “So here it goes…” This sentence is very messy. Not only is it a run-on, but it also leaves me thinking that you, personally, don’t want to go back to college tomorrow. Be careful. Other than the run-on sentences, this post is well written, and I think it reveals much about who you are. Good job.

    ReplyDelete