Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I'm different.  I'm unique.  I'm Eric Hale.  I'm sixteen years old and I live with my Dad, my Mom, and my brother when he's home from college.  I was born September 22, 1996 with a birth injury effecting nerves in my right arm.  My first surgery happened when I was only five and a half months old to give me mobility in the arm.  To this day, the scars still remain.  But I've never let that hold me back or be an excuse for something challenging.  That's just the way I am. 
I have grown up for all sixteen years of my life in Milton.  From a young age, my injury made me have to work harder for things I wanted to do; and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I have enjoyed going to school, playing sports/videogames, and hanging out with my friends since I was little.  Also, hip hop music has always interested me and still does today.  My favorite sport is basketball and it has been that way for some time.  I like watching, playing, and basically anything basketball related.
My family is another big part in my life.  I look forward to going to Cape Cod every year in August with my Mom's side of the family.  We share laughs, joy, and stories.  My Cape house has been a part of my life forever.  My immediate family is also huge for me: my Dad, Mom, and brother.  My Dad and Mom have always been there for my; through thick and thin.  And I wouldn't trade them for anything.  They have made so many sacrifices I am grateful for.  My brother and I fight sometimes, but generally we get along.  I also credit my brother with helping me grow up.
Today, I am a hard working, determined 16 year old.  I am still rehabbing from a second surgery I had in May.  This is me, and I'm proud.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Eric for your straightforward and honest response. You write this post well, but I want to draw your attention to how you use the semi-colon. I am sure we will review this next week, after I read your class’s Long Form responses. The semi-colon is used primarily to separate independent clauses. There is one other time to use the semi-colon, and we will probably go over this next week. Regardless, in this post, you are not using it correctly. That said, this post is good. Thank you. Although I have not met you yet, I do look forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete